Villa Favorita was built in 1752 on what once was the Falconara feud owned by the Pignatelli Aragona Cortès marquis of Avola. It was built following the renaissance design under the guide of local Architect Paolo Labisi.
In the nineteenth century it was purchased by the Di Lorenzo barons from Granieri and marquis of Castelluccio whom commisioned the construction of a second building, adjacent to the existing one which was named Villa Granieri.
Giulia Dejean (Noto 1850-1932) whose second husband was Giovanni Di Lorenzo Cannizzaro marquis of Castelluccio, took over the property which she then left in 1932, as stated in her will, to her niece Corrada Bova married to Enrico Giunta baron of San Giacomo. Their son Vincenzo had the whole property renovated with the precious help of his wife Ada Gulisano and under the guide of architect Salvatore Ferlito in 2000 bringing the Villa back to its ancient splendor. He then donated the property to his daughter Corrada who is the current owner.
(from le villa dei Gattopardi – ville storiche Siciliane de Val di Noto di Francesca Gringeri Pantano)